Monday, March 31, 2008

Overweight? Me?.

I finally did it. I signed up at the gym!


It s funny how weight creeps up on you. I think I m in so so shape, but my pot belly makes me look a few years older than I really am. Don t ask me how it got there, I don t know! My first instinct is to claim that I was abducted by aliens and they put it there. Or we could go with my wife s explanation. She likes to tell people that I m carrying our first baby and am expecting soon!


The truth is that I moved to a country where food is dirt cheap and I got carried away. It didn t help that this move coincided with getting married to a woman who prides herself in her ability to keep her husband well fed. Oh, and let s not forget the months of unemployment in Cork. Cork is a cold wet city and if you don t need do be somewhere, you stay put. I stayed put in a one bedroom apartment eating cheap food. The result is a BMI flirting with the obese category. Not bad for a skinny kid!


Finally I m taking action. I ve been told that if I don t I could die before my 72nd birthday. It took all the self control I have not to point out that the life expectancy where I come from is 39 and anything close to 70 would be considered a miracle. I just shook my head solemnly and behaved well for a change. I had my first workout today and I lived to tell the tale. I almost enjoyed it even!


If you re in the Galway, feel free to drop by Leisure Land. You might see a round guy desperately trying to stay on his treadmill with buckets of seat pouring off him. You re more than welcome to come up and say hi Lord knows I could do with the excuse to take a break!.


source
bookmark this post:

Digg Overweight?  Me?. at Digg.comBookmark Overweight?  Me?.Bookmark  Overweight?  Me?. at Spurl.netBookmark Overweight?  Me?. at Simpy.comBookmark Overweight?  Me?. at NewsVineBookmark Overweight?  Me?. at Furl.netBookmark Overweight?  Me?. at reddit.comFark Overweight?  Me?. at Fark.comBookmark Overweight?  Me?. at YahooMyWebBookmark Overweight?  Me?. at BlinkBits
Related articles:
Best hoodia pills as soon put loss xd;.
Example books, diet leaders can help with those promises
Thinfast 30 years celebrate helping consumers to remove the weight
Home Sweet Home Eat Good Victuals.
Need to Lose 15 Pounds on Em Great Free?.